The color of R.J. is of great importance because it is an indicator of its freshness and suitability. The fresh pulp has a bright whitish color. Its texture is gelatinous thick but changes to solid over time. It is characterized by a light strong aroma and an acidic taste due to its very low pH (3.5 – 4.5).
Effects on the human body
Royal Jelly helps to treat rheumatic arthritis due to its high content of 10-hydroxy-decenoic and pantothenic acid.
It helps the aging and suffering organism.
In the hypotensives, an increase in pressure was observed and in general, a feeling of euphoria was found in all. Similar studies have proven its great usefulness in geriatrics.
It is widely used in pediatrics. Italian scientists after long-term experiments on infants born prematurely, on children aged up to 7.5 years, as well as on children with anemia, pneumonia, bacterial infections and others, came to the following conclusions:
- In all cases, R.J. increased body weight.
- Significantly improves appetite. Positive results usually appear 20 days after the start of treatment.
- Increase & stabilize red blood cells in anemic children.
- The capacity of the organism and its resistance to diseases are significantly strengthened.
- The high content of R.J. in acetylcholine (1.2 mg/gr R.J.) helps to reduce blood pressure and treats chronic constipation.
- It improves the general mood, increases the capacity for work, the appetite and finally helps people to gain greater mental and physical strength.
- It has antiseptic and germicidal properties.
- It is used in the treatment of chronic renal failure.
- Royal Jelly has been found to be a beneficial healing agent to protect scars from bleeding.